Windows 11 Installation Assistant is a good tool to upgrade your eligible Windows 10 computer to Windows 11. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you how to use this tool to upgrade to Windows 10. Besides, if Windows 11 Installation Assistant keeps closing or doesn’t work on your computer, you can try the method mentioned in this post to fix it.
What Is Windows 11 Installation Assistant?
Microsoft has rolled out Windows 11 on October 5, 2021. Three Windows 11 installation and upgrade tools were released along with Windows 11, including Windows 11 Installation Assistant, Windows 11 Media Creation Tool, and Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) Download.
Windows 11 Installation Assistant is a Windows 11 installation tool for installing Windows 11 on the Windows 10 computer you are currently using. However, it doesn’t support ARM64 devices.
That is if Windows 11 is not showing up in Windows Update currently, your best choice to install Windows 11 is to use Windows 11 Installation Assistant. Tip: you can use Rufus to install Windows 11 22H2 without a Microsoft account .
If Windows 10/11 Media Creation Tool is not working on your PC, you can try the easy and effective methods mentioned in this article to solve the issue.
How to Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant to Upgrade to Windows 11?
Step 1: Check if Windows 11 Installation Assistant can run on your computer
If you want to run Windows 11 Installation Assistant to upgrade your computer to Windows 11, your device should meet the following requirements:
- You have a Windows 10 license.
- Your device is running Windows 10 version 2004 or higher version.
- Your device meets the minimum hardware and system requirements for Windows 11 .
- Your device should have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11.
Windows 11, version 22H2 will be released on the second half of 2022. You can use Registry Editor to check if your PC is compatible with Windows 11 22H2 .
In this post, we will mainly introduce the Microsoft Word 2021 free download for Windows PCs, Mac computers, Android devices, and iPhones/iPads.
Step 2: Download Windows 11 Installation Assistant
- Go to the Windows 11 software download page .
- Click the Download Now button under the Windows 11 Installation Assistant This tool will be downloaded to the specified download path.
Step 3: Run Windows 11 Installation Assistant to upgrade to Windows 11
1. Open the downloaded Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
2. Click Yes if you see the User Account Control interface.
3. When you see the following interface, click Accept and Install to continue.
4. The tool begins to download and install Windows 11 on your computer. The whole process will last for a while. During the process, you can keep using your device as normal.
5. When you see the following interface, you should save your work. Then, click Restart now . You still need to plug in your computer and leave it turned on.
6. Your computer begins to work on updates. It will restart several times. You should wait patiently until the whole process ends.
After these steps, Windows 11 will be installed successfully on your computer.
If you want to install Windows 11 on another computer or an ARM64 device, you should use Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. Here is how to install Windows 11 on Arm with ISO .