An Introduction to the LMIGuardianSvc.exe Windows Process [MiniTool Wiki]
What Is LMIGuardianSvc?
First of all, if you have ever downloaded and installed LogMeIn Pro developed by LogMeIn, you will see this executable file - LMIGuardianSvc.exe. This program is designed to remote access the user's files, emails, and programs from mobile devices or computers over the Internet.
That is kind of useful but not essential for Windows. The file is certified by a trustworthy company with no visible window so you can choose to uninstall it in the Control Panel.
Normally, the LMIGuardianSvc file position is located in the path C:\Program Files\ . To check where the specific location is, you can go to Task Manager > right-click on the LMIGuardianSvc.exe > Open file location .
The file size ranges from 0.37 MB to 0.420 MB which won’t occupy too much storage on your computer system.
Is LMIGuardianSvc.exe Safe to Run?
As we mentioned before, the LMIGuardianSvc.exe is a legitimate program from LogMeIn. That is not a virus or malware. But as a third-party program, it still has a great potential for playing a disguised malicious virus.
In this way, you need to take a series of steps to check if the process runs normally well. First of all, according to the above introduction to LMIGuardianSvc.exe, you can check if the file location and the file size are at the specified place or within a value range. If not, you can doubt if the file is a virus.
Notice! Do not casually delete any EXE files. You can use your Custom scan in Windows Defender to scan the specific file and the scan result will show you if it is harmful. If yes, you can refer to the last part to remove the LMIGuardianSvc.exe Windows process.
Related article: How to Run Windows Defender Full/Quick/Custom/Offline Scan
Besides, there are some signals you can refer to judge if your computer has been infected with viruses.
- Internet connection fluctuates. If you are undergoing an unstable Internet connection that often forces you to reconnect, you can doubt if the malware affects the performance.
- A significant slowdown of the computer. Virus attacks will make your computer slow down and even suddenly shut down.
- Unwanted installation of bogus software appears on your computer without your authority.
- Excessive use of RAM with no reason lags your operation.
- Your essential files might be lost or stolen, especially your crucial system files.
Common LMIGuardianSvc.exe Error Messages
When you start or shut down your Windows, some .exe error messages about LMIGuardianSvc can occur, which can make some trouble for your next operations.
There are some most common LMIGuardianSvc.exe errors:
- exe failed.
- exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- exe not found.
- exe Application Error.
- Error starting program: LMIGuardianSvc.exe.
- exe is not running.
- Faulting Application Path: LMIGuardianSvc.exe.
- Cannot find LMIGuardianSvc.exe.
The best way to get rid of these error messages is to remove LMIGuardianSvc.exe; if you don’t want to uninstall this program or process, you can choose to perform malware scans, clean your hard disk with cleanmgr and sfc /scannow , monitor auto-start programs, and enable automatic Windows updates. These methods can cope with most errors.
- Windows 10 Startup Folder | Everything You Need to Know
- Quickly Fix – SFC Scannow Not Working (Focus on 2 Cases)
- What Is Safe to Delete in Disk Cleanup? Here Is the Answer
How to Remove LMIGuardianSvc.exe?
To remove LMIGuardianSvc.exe, you can do the following steps.
Step 1: Open the Search box by pressing the Win + S keys and input control panel to open the result of Best match .
Step 2: Then go to Programs and Then Uninstall a program under Programs and Features .
Step 3: Then all programs will be listed where you need to find all the programs related to LogMeIn Hamachi.
Step 4: Right-click on them and choose Uninstall .
Make sure you have uninstalled all the programs and you can go to the Task Manager to see if the process still exits and check if the related files persist in File Explorer.
This article has given you an easy introduction to LMIGuardianSvc to help your better understanding. Hope this article has resolved your concerns. If you have any question, you can leave your comments.