If you think Windows User Account Control is annoying, you can choose to disable it on your Windows 11 computer. In this post, MiniTool Software shows you how to disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 11/10 and how to disable UAC for specific applications in Windows 11/10.
About User Account Control in Windows
User Account Control (UAC) is a Windows fundamental component of Microsoft’s overall security vision. It is enabled by default on your computer. Every time you want to make a change to your computer, its interface will pop up to remind you for mitigating the impact of malware. Given that it appears too frequently, some of you want to turn it off.
On the other hand, if you have disabled UAC Windows 10, you find it is enabled again after you upgrade your computer to Windows 11. Well then, how to disable User Account Control in Windows 11? Is it possible to disable UAC for one program in Windows 11/10?
Do you know how to safely and free download Windows 11 on your computer? In this post, we will show you some available methods.
In the following parts, we mainly show you these guides:
- How to disable UAC Windows 11/10?
- How to disable UAC for one program in Windows 10/11?
How to Disable/Enable UAC Windows 11/10?
Here, we show you the easiest method on how to turn off UAC in Windows 11. This method is also available in Windows 10.
- Open Control Panel in Windows 11 (You can use Search to search for control panel and open it).
- Choose View by Large icons or small icons. Then, click User Accounts .
- Click the Change User Account Control settings link.
- Move the slider to Never notify .
- Click OK .
- Click Yes on the pop-up UAC interface to confirm the operation.
After these steps, you will no longer see User Account Control again on your Windows 11 computer.
If you want to enable UAC in Windows 11 again, you need to move the slider to one of the other three locations.
Additionally, you can use Command Prompt, Registry Editor, or Local Group Policy Editor to let your Windows 11 disable UAC. These methods are the same as in Windows 10. We have a previous post about disabling UAC Windows 10. You can use the methods in that post to disable UAC in Windows 11. Here it is: How to Disable UAC in Windows 10? Here Are Four Simple Ways .
How to Disable UAC for One Program in Windows 11/10?
There is another situation: you just want to disable UAV for one program in Windows 11/10. Here are the things you can do:
1. Use Windows Search to search for task scheduler and select the first result to open Task Scheduler.
2. Right-click Task Scheduler Library and choose New Folder . Then name it. Here, I name it UAC blacklist .
3. Expand Task Scheduler Library .
4. Right-click the newly created folder and select Create Task .
5. Name the task something descriptive. Here, I name it the program name which I want to disable UAC for it.
6. Select Run with highest privileges in the Security options section.
7. Expand Configure for and select the Windows operating system you are using. Since I am using a Windows 11 Insider preview build, there is no Windows 11 . After the official release of Windows 11, the option should be available. If you are running Windows 10, select Windows 10 to continue.
8. Click OK .
9. Click OK on the small pop-up windows to go to the next page.
10. Click New under Actions . On the new interface, make sure Start a program is selected. Then, click Browse to select the target app’s .exe file from your computer. If you don’t know the location, you can right-click the shortcut of that app and select Open file location to view where it is.
11. If you are using a laptop, you also need to go to the Conditions tab and uncheck Start the task only if the computer is on AC power .
12. Show the desktop on your computer and then create a shortcut for that app .
When these steps are complete, you can click the newly created shortcut to open that program without seeing the UAC interface.
The first Windows 11 Insider preview build was released. In this post, we show you how to download and install Windows 11 Insider preview build.
Now, you should know how to disable UAC in Windows 11. If you need to disable UAC for some special programs, there is also a guide for you. If you have other issues that need to be fixed, you can let us know in the comments.