When updating your iPhone wirelessly, you may encounter the iPhone stuck on verifying update issue. We collect 7 methods that can effectively solve this issue. Try them to help you out. For more iPhone relevant solutions, you can visit the MiniTool home page .
Is Your iPhone Verifying Update Forever?
The iOS version is always keeping updated, offering you more attractive new features and fixing the existing bugs. Most of you would like to update to the latest iOS version when a new version is released.
To install the latest iOS version on your iPhone you need to connect your iPhone to the internet with Wi-Fi and go to Settings > General > Software Update . Then, the iPhone will begin to verify the new iOS version.
If everything is OK, you can press Install Now to install the new iOS version. But, if it seems that your iPhone is verifying update forever, the thing will be different: you will need to fix the iPhone stuck on verifying update issue.
In this article, we collect some methods that are proved to be effective to solve the iPhone verifying update stuck issue. If you are also bothered by this issue, you can try these solutions one by one to help you out.
In the following contents, we will walk you through some guides on how to solve this verifying update iPhone error.
Are you facing data loss issue if iPhone attempting data recovery fails? Now, you can use MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS to recover the lost iPhone data.
Method 1: Restart Your iPhone
The main reason for a device suddenly stops working or gets stuck is random firmware crashes. In this situation, you can reboot your iPhone to have a try.
If you are using an iPhone X or a later iPhone:
- Quickly press and release the Volume up button on your iPhone.
- Quickly press and release the Volume down button on your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
If you are using an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 9 or 8 Plus:
- Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time for a while.
- Release both of these two buttons when you see the Apple logo.
If you are using an iPhone 6 or an earlier iPhone:
- Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time.
- Release these two buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Next, you should wait until your iPhone boots and connects the Wi-Fi network successfully. Then, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to see whether you can update the iOS smoothly.
If your iPhone is still verifying update forever, you will need to use the next method.
Method 2: Delete the iOS Update from Your iPhone
If some segments of the iOS update files have already been downloaded on your iPhone but they are not complete, the iOS update can get corrupted and iPhone stuck on verifying update can also occur.
So, you will need to delete the iOS update file to solve the issue. Here is how you can do this job:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage .
- Find the iOS update from the list and tap it.
- Tap Delete Update .
After deleting the iOS update, you need to restart your iPhone and go to Settings > General > Software Update to update the iOS version again.
If this method still doesn’t work, you need to move to the third one.
Method 3: Turn the Airplane Mode on and off
The network connectivity error is also one of the top reasons for the iPhone stuck on verifying update issue. To be specific, the OTA (over-the-air) update fails because your iPhone is experiencing random internet issues from slow browsing to intermittent or unstable Internet access.
You can use the old Airplane Mode trick, turning the Airplane Mode on and off , to fix the network connection issue:
- Open Control Center on your iPhone and then tap the iPhone Airplane Mode You can also go to Settings > Airplane Mode and then tap the slider to turn it on
- Restart your iPhone after the Airplane Mode is enabled.
- Use the same method to find the Airplane Mode and turn it off.
After using these three steps, you can reconnect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network and then download and install the new iOS version to have a try.
Method 4: Disable Restrictions
If you have enabled the Restrictions feature on your iPhone, the iOS download process will be interrupted. Then, you can encounter the iPhone stuck on verifying update issue.
If all the above three methods can’t solve your issue, you can disable Restrictions via your iPhone settings to check whether the issue can be solved.
You can access this feature with different menus relying on the iOS version you are using currently.
If you are using iOS 11 or an earlier version:
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions .
- If the Restrictions feature is enabled, its state will be shown as On . Tap Restrictions to enter it and then tap Disable Restrictions .
- Input the password for your iPhone twice to confirm the operation.
If you are using iOS 12 or a later version:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions .
- Enter the password for your iPhone.
- Turn off Content & Privacy Restrictions .
When the Restrictions feature is disabled, you can restart your iPhone and try to update the iOS version.
If you forget the password for your iPhone, you can read this article to learn how to recover data from a locked/disabled iPhone and some other information.
While, if you find the Restrictions feature has already been disabled or this method doesn’t work for your situation, you can move to the next method.
Method 5: Reset the Network Settings on Your iPhone
Incorrect network configurations on the phone can also trigger the iPhone verifying update forever issue. Thus, it is necessary to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
During the resetting process, the incorrect network settings will be deleted and the network settings will be restored to its original state. At the same time, the server settings and other relevant information will also be restored to the default configuration. As a result, the network-related errors will be obliterated.
You can follow these steps to do this job:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset .
- Find and tap Reset Network Settings .
- Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm the operation.
Your iPhone will begin to clear all of the current network configurations and restore them to the original state. Then, the device will automatically reboot.
When it boots successfully, you can go to manually reconnect your iPhone to the internet with Wi-Fi. Next, try to update the iOS version on your iPhone to see whether the procedure is smooth.
Method 6: Update Your iPhone with iTunes
If all of the above solutions are useless you can try the other way to update your iOS version: updating your device using iTunes.
Bothered by “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing” error? Now, you can try the solutions mentioned in this post to fix it.
The following is a detailed guide:
- Download and install the latest iTunes version on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Then, you need to make the device trust the computer if you connect your iPhone to the computer for the first time.
- Open iTunes and select your iPhone.
- Press Summary and select Check for Update .
- Press Download and Update . You need to enter the password for your iPhone if asked.
Then, you need to wait until the iOS update process ends.
However, if you can’t update your iPhone with iTunes due to some unknown issues, you will need to restore your device to factory settings to fix the iPhone verifying update stuck issue.
Method 7: Back up and Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings
Back up Your iPhone Data
You will lose all your current files and settings on the device after restoring your iPhone to factory settings. Thus, you need to back up your important iPhone data with iCloud or iTunes .
Alternatively, you can also use third-party software to make a backup of your iPhone data in case that you want to back up your iPhone data to your computer or both iCloud and iTunes are unavailable due to some reasons.
Have you ever encountered iTunes could not back up the iPhone issue? Do you know how to fix it? Now, you can read this post to get some useful solutions.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS is just such an iPhone backup software. You can back up some certain types of iPhone files with the free edition of this software. Press the following button to download and then install it on your computer.
When everything is prepared, you can follow this guide to back up your iPhone data to your PC:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer via the USB cable.
2. Open MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS .
3. The software can automatically detect the device and show it on the software interface. Then， press Scan to start the scanning process.
4. When the scanning process ends, you will see the scan results.
It is a list of data types on the left side of the software interface. You can choose one data type from the list to view the detailed items on the right side. Then, you can select the needed files to save them.
For instance, if you want to back up the photos on your iPhone, you can click Photos from the list to view and select your needed items. Since you are using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free Edition, you can select 2 photos once. Then, press the Recover button to choose a suitable location on your computer to save them.
At last, you can directly use these photos on your computer.
You need to update it to a full edition if you want to use this software to back up your iPhone data without limitations. You can press the Update button on the top line of the software or enter the MiniTool official store to get a full edition.
Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings
After backing up your iPhone data, you can feel free to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
You have two choices:
Restore the Device with iTunes
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
- If a message asks for your iPhone password or to Trust This Computer , you need to follow the on-screen guides to do the job.
- Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
- Select the Summary panel and click the Restore iPhone button.
- Press Restore to confirm the operation. Then, iTunes will begin to erase your iPhone and install the latest iOS version in the device.
Restore the Device Wirelessly
If you don’t have a computer at hand, you can erase and restore your iPhone wirelessly. Here is the guide:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset on your iPhone.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings .
- If asked, you need to input your password for the device or Apple ID password.
After restoring your iPhone to factory settings, the device will automatically. Then, you can use it as a new one.
Do you want to extract photos from iPhone backup in a fast and effective way? In this post, we will show you how to do this job with different ways.
If you are facing the iPhone stuck on verifying update issue, try the methods mentioned in this post to solve your issue. There is always a suitable method.
If you encounter some issues when dealing with this verifying update iPhone error or using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS, you can contact us via [email protected] or let us know in the comment.